|1. LUNCHTIME TALKS AND DISCUSSIONS: Every Thursday 1:10pm-2pm
Join us TODAY for another lunchtime talk, this time on Understanding Casualisation.
Dr Renata Medeiros will coordinate a conversation on ‘Myths and Mis-understandings about Casualisation’
2. Public Meeting: Ending the Plague of Casualisation in Higher Education
Monday 29 March 6:00pm
UCU North West Anti-Casualisation Campaign is organizing a public meeting to discuss casualisation in HE:
- Introduction: Anti-Cas 101 – your basic rights
- Building in your Branch and Region
- National & Cross-Union: mitigating the impact of covid / what do we need from our union?
Please register in advance for this meeting here.
3. Reimagine Research Culture Festival – March 22-26
Panels, workshops and articles include how to build a positive and inclusive research culture, new approaches and what’s already working, blog highlighting the need to tackle casual employment (including open ended contracts with ‘at risk’ dates). This festival is organized by Wellcome, an organization that supports discovery research into life, health and wellbeing.
Details here and on Twitter: