UCU is also once again balloting of members to renew our industrial action mandate in the pay and working conditions dispute. Balloting institutions can be found here.
If you have returned your ballot it is vital to tell UCU you have done so, so campaign efforts can be directed towards those who haven’t. The easiest way to tell the union you have voted is by using this form.
- Tuesday 19 September 2023: industrial action ballot opens and the independent election scrutineer Civica Election Services dispatches postal ballot packs to ballot-eligible UCU members
- Wednesday 20 September 2023: ballot-eligible UCU members start receiving ballot pack at their preferred postal address
- Friday 29 September 2023 (09:00): replacement ballot request form opens
- Friday 27 October 2023 (12:00 noon): deadline for new members to join UCU and be automatically included in the ballot
- Sunday 29 October 2023 (23:59): replacement ballot request form closes
- Monday 30 October 2023 (23:59): deadline for branches to notify ballot exclusions using eServices
- Tuesday 31 October 2023: last ‘safe’ date to return the ballot by post
- Friday 3 November 2023 (17:00): industrial action ballot closes.