1. Cardiff UCU Thursday Lunchtime Talks
We are happy to announce the latest in our series ‘Understanding Cardiff: perspectives from members’ – casual conversations in which members with particular expertise explain and take questions on some of the most pressing issues facing our branch.
In a timely intervention for Stephen Lawrence Day, today Thursday April 22nd we will host Understanding Inequality: Conversation and Q&A with Abyd Quinn-Aziz
Previous lunchtime talks will be available on YouTube soon.
2. International Workers’ Memorial Day – 28 April
To mark Workers’ Memorial Day TUC has produced some resources to remind everyone why safety at work is so important. Here are 5 ways to get involved with Workers’ Memorial Day:
- Register for the TUC national zoom call with special guest speakers
- Check out the timeline of workplace tragedies and the fight for safer work
- Pay tribute to someone who lost their life to work in the online memorial
- Search for your local Memorial Day event or add your own
- Download posters and graphics to print off or share online
And you can find all the IWMD resources at https://www.tuc.org.uk/wmd