The Cardiff UCU Anti-Casualisation Committee invites you to an open meeting about the long-term strategy of the group. This meeting is open to everyone who is interested in improving working conditions at Cardiff University (whether you’re a UCU member of not). The outcome of the meeting will be to create a manifesto which will guide the Cardiff UCU Anti-Casualisation Committee’s future activities and strategy. It will also be an opportunity to learn about our work so far and our plans for the future.
We will discuss the following topics
- Professional services staff on fixed-term contracts
- Academic staff on fixed term contracts
- Hourly paid teaching staff
- Postgraduate tutors and demonstrators
- International staff on casual contracts
- Impacts of casualization on staff on open-ended contracts
Date & venue: Tuesday 4th June 2019, 3pm-5pm, Glamorgan Building, Committee Room 1
Please feel free to just come to parts of the meeting if you can’t make the whole meeting!